If you were not able to make it to our town meeting held a few weeks ago I have provided you with a brief summary.
· Over 90 percent of our congregation is serving at some capacity in the church at this time. This is simply unheard of in churches. We are very thankful for this reality.
· The children’s ministry has adopted a team leadership model in place of Kimberly Cox who stepped down this past summer. A team of qualified and gifted leaders are meeting on a regular basis to organize and lead our children’s ministry successfully. They are doing a terrific job and we believe that our children’s ministry is going to thrive with this new leadership approach.
· A new marriage Life group will be starting in January in the Media area.
· We will be starting our Wed. night service in January as well. This service will be different than the current Sunday morning service. A volunteer meeting will be held on Wednesday, December 4th at DVCC from 6-8pm.
· In February a men’s discipleship group will be forming. This specific life group will meet on Sunday nights from 6-8pm for 8 straight weeks. There will be a break and then the group will start back up for another eight weeks. An informational meeting will be held in the near future.
· We handed out a congregational survey to help us determine what events/ministries our church family felt was important to them. If you have not filled one out you can find one at the welcome table.
· We have included enough money in our 2014 budget to hire a part time Pastoral support position. We will specifically be looking for someone that can help with our youth ministry program to free myself up to focus on other ministries. We are very excited to see who God will bring into to help us fulfill God’s mission at DVCC.
· We presented a building chart revealing the projects that we have accomplished in the past three years as well as our current needs. We have recognized three specific needs that need to happen in the near future. The bathrooms need to be remodeled so that we can meet ADA compliance. The windows are over 45 years old and need to be replaced. Our air conditioners are over 24 years and also need to be replaced. These are all expensive projects and we are going to pray and seek God as a congregation for these needs to be met. We have met with an architect and designs are currently being worked on towards renovating our bathrooms. We are hoping to start this project in the first quarter of 2014.
I personally believe 2014 is going to be an amazing year for DVCC. As you can see we have a lot to pray about! I am personally inviting you to pray for these changes and needs in the year to come. We need to be bold in asking God to help us meet every single need we have. As we do not only will God increase our faith but he will also continue to unite us as a body. It’s going to be a fun faith journey in 2014!